Monday, July 25, 2011

2 months old

Our little bird, you are two months old today. I can honestly say I don't know where the time has gone?! With each passing day you are getting bigger, growing smarter and becoming your own little person. I think I can speak for both myself and your dad when I say that we are enjoying all of our moments with you. Waking up to see your face each morning is just another reminder of how blessed we are! With those thoughts in mind, it makes me wish that my grandmother "Meme" was still alive to meet you. She was quite the woman with a heart bigger than most. I know that she would have been absolutely awestruck by you. You do know that your middle name came from her; it was her maiden name - Carole Anne Turner - beautiful, just like her and just like you! 

At two months old, Blaykleigh ....
  •    is 22 inches and 11 lbs 1 oz
  •    has started cooing and loves hearing the different fluctuations in her voice
  •    smiles all the time, especially when Jason or I talk to her
  •    still is suffering from acid reflux and goes through massive amounts of clothes and burp rags 
  •    loves to cuddle with her daddy as they listen to Pandora Radio on his iPhone
  •    thinks her medicine tastes good, she smacks her lips as we give it to her
  •    has discovered her tongue and is constantly sticking it out of her mouth
  •    likes to "snack" on her fists
  •    sometimes will suck on her thumb
  •    absolutely adores bath-time and recently even enjoyed a swim with Jason at a friends pool 
  •    likes tummy time most of the time as long as we are down on the floor with her
  •   when she finds an object of interest she will concentrate on it very hard & makes funny faces
  •   ceiling fans and blinds never fail to capture her attention 


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It's so cute. =) I hope we get to see you guys soon... =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we are definitely overdue for a visit. Jason has mentioned making our way to Az. sometime early nxt year, so that would be fun! =)

    ReplyDelete